Generate an AI response
- Open or create a project.
- Open the Action bar at the top of your project's script editor.
- Choose Ask AI at the bottom of the panel.
- Select an action from the list, or type in a custom prompt.
- When you're ready, click or just press Return (macOS) or Enter (Windows).
Want to stop an AI Action?
If you realize the in progress AI Action is heading down the wrong path and you want to start over, just click Stop.
Edit For Clarity
Edit for Clarity finds distracting words or off-topic parts in your project's script. You can either accept these changes and apply them directly to your script, or copy the edited script into a new composition. Any edits will appear as ignored text, making it easy to see the changes made to your script.
Add Chapters Or Markers
Descript's AI Chapter Generator automatically creates and titles chapters for your video and audio project, then adds them as markers to your project. It quickly organizes your project into logical sections that help you and your audience navigate and engage with your content.
Once Descript's AI has generated a response, you have a few options:
- Add to script: this will add the suggested markers to your project.
- Add timestamps: include each markers' timestamp at the start of the recommended chapter title. You can then copy the chapters to your clipboard, or add them with the timestamps to your project's script.
- Refine the response: type and ask the AI to refine your response until you get the exact chapters for your project
Remove Filler Words
Descript will analyze your script and identify unnecessary filler words like "um" and "uh". You can easily delete these from both your transcript and audio, or choose other removal options. Learn more about removing filler words from a project.
Automatically detect and remove repeated takes from your recordings. So, if you're recording in Descript and make a mistake or want to redo a line in your script, just keep recording until you get it just righ. Then, use Remove Retakes to eliminate the manual task of editing out multiple takes. When you apply the edits, Descript will strikethrough the retakes and remove the associated video or audio. You can then restore the ignored script or delete it.
Shorten Word Gaps
Search for word gaps in your script and easily adjust pauses to fine tune the pacing of the speech. You can view a list of all detected word gaps and have the flexibility to shorten all word gaps at once or to individually preview and adjust each gap. Learn more about adjusting word gaps.
Add Scenes By Active Speaker
If you're working in a project that contains multi-track sequences with multiple different speakers, Add Scenes by Active Speaker is a time-saving feature. It automatically identifies when different speakers are talking, creates individual scenes for each speaker change, and displays the active speaker making them the focal point of the scene.