- macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
- macOS 10.13 or later is required for Screen Recorder and Computer Audio.
- Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser is required for authentication.
Descript is currently compatible with Apple computers with Apple Silicon processors (including M1) via Rosetta translation. Our team is currently working on native compatibility for Apple Silicon processors and will provide updates when this support becomes available.
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit OS (7.0 or greater).
- Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update) or later required for Screen Recorder and Computer Audio.
- Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser is required for authentication.
Desktop Browsers (Playback and Comments only)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Descript available for use on other platforms such as Chromebooks, Linux, iOS or other mobile apps?
Descript is currently only available as a Windows or Mac desktop application, although you can access limited viewing and transcription submission features when logged in via a web browser at web.descript.com.