You can generate AI images using text prompts to create custom images for your content in Descript. Each time you enter a text prompt, Descript will generate 3 1024x1024 AI images. You can even generate variations based off of the AI images you generate.
How to generate AI images
- Open or create a project.
- Open the Media library, select Images and choose Text to image under the search bar.
- Type anything you want in the text bar at the top of the window, and select
- If you want to generate more images with the same prompt, press Generate again.
- If you'd like to generate variations of a specific image, select Generate variations in the bottom corner of any AI image you've generated.
- Simply select the image thumbnail to add thee image to your current scene.
How many AI images can I generate?
- You can generate 5 prompt (15 images) per minute. If this limit is exceeded, please wait a few minutes before generating a your images.
- You can submit a max of 270 image generation request per day.
How are AI images stored in Descript
Once you've generated a set of images, you can use them in any composition stored in the project in which you generated the AI images. You can access the AI media from the Text to Image section of the Images tab of the Media library. When you add an image to your composition, a project file will be create for that image and store in AI Assets folder in the Files tab of the media library.
Text to image in Descript is powered by Dall-E, and there are limitations to the type of content you can generate. Please do not attempt to generate images that not G-rated or that could cause harm. See Dall-E's content policy for more details.