The media library offers a comprehensive set of tools for managing project files and media, streamlining the process of importing, organizing, and using various media types in your compositions. You can open the media library by clicking in the top bar.
How the media library is organized
Understanding how project files are organized in Descript will help you navigate and manage project media effectively:
- The Files tab contains all project files you import into your project and any recordings made.
- The Videos, GIFs, Images, Music, and Sound effects tabs contain stock media. Descript's rich library of premium stock media and integrations with Unsplash and GIPHY allow you to quickly enhance your content and be added to your project.
Stock media is added as a project files
When you add stock media to you project from any of the stock libraries, the file will be added to your project as a project file and stored in the Stock Media folder of the Files tab.
Adding and interacting with your project files
- You can add media files from your computer, use a link from Zoom or GIPHY, create folders to organize project files, and even create sequences.
- Project file actions allow you to perform various tasks, such as renaming, transcribing, applying effects, and deleting files based on the project file type.
- The Files tab search feature helps you find specific files by name. You can also access filtering and sorting options to further refine your search.
Replacing and Updating Files
- You can replace existing project files with new versions containing the same underlying content. This is especially useful when encountering issues with the current project file or needing to swap out a scratch track with a final version.
You can replace a project file's transcript is made easy in Descript, making it an excellent option for situations where you start with an automatic transcription and later decide to replace it with a pre-written transcript or a White Glove transcript.