To create a custom template, select the Templates tab in your Drive View and select New Template in the top right corner. This will create a template project.
Template projects are where you can assemble a collection of scenes into a template. Adding visuals and editing a template project works the same way as a regular Descript project. Here’s a video showing how to create a custom template.
Once you’re finished assembling your scenes in the template:
- If you haven’t already, name your project in the app bar at the top of the editor screen.
- Select Publish Template in the top right corner.
- Name each scene in your template.
- Set your template scenes’ thumbnails.
- Select Publish Template in the bottom right corner of the publish template window
Once you’ve published your template, you’ll be able to access it by clicking the templates icon in the insert bar at the top of the app.
Can I save scenes from a “normal” project as templates?
Yes, you can save a scene you've created in a project. Click here to learn how to save a scene as a template.