When downgrading or canceling a subscription:
- You will no longer have access to your current plan's features.
- You will retain access to all the projects in your account.
Before downgrading to a Free plan
If you are downgrading to a Free plan:
- You will need to remove any additional Editor members from the drive.
- If the members you remove have projects on the drive and you wish to retain access to these projects, make sure to transfer ownership of the projects to your account.
After completing these steps, you can go ahead and cancel.
Canceling your subscription
- Visit https://web.descript.com/subscription or open the app and view the Subscription tab under your Account settings. If you have multiple Drives, choose the correct drive from the dropdown menu.
- Select Edit on the Subscription line.
- Choose to downgrade from Pro to Creator, or cancel your subscription by selecting the Free plan.
- Click the Cancel subscription or Downgrade button in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Feel free to provide any additional details and then click Cancel subscription when you’re done.
If you'd like to delete your account permanently, please see How to delete your Descript account.
Downgrade or cancellations occur at the end of a billing cycle
After downgrading, you will retain access to your subscription until your current billing period ends, after which your selected changes will take effect.
Subscriptions canceled partway through a billing cycle will not receive a prorated refund. Please see our refund policy for more details.