When you cancel or downgrade your subscription, you will lose access to the features included in your current plan. However, you will still have access to the projects on your account.
Before switching to a Free plan
Canceling your subscription
To prevent any unexpected charges, cancel or downgrade your subscription before it renews. Keep in mind that you can cancel or downgrade at any time, but the changes won't take effect until the end of your current billing cycle.
- Log in to the correct account from https://web.descript.com/ or the app.
Do you have multiple drives?
If you have access to other drives, switch to the correct drive before continuing.
- Open Settings.
- Select the Subscription tab.
- Select Edit on the Subscription line.
- Click the Your plan dropdown and choose the desired plan type. To cancel your subscription, select the Free plan.
- Click the Cancel subscription or Downgrade button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Resume a subscription scheduled to downgrade or cancel
If you changed your mind about canceling or downgrading, go to the subscription edit menu and click on "you may resume Descript" link in the right info panel.
How do I cancel an account for someone who no longer works at my company?
Descript cannot make account changes originating from any source other than the email address of the account in question. Please work with your IT team administrator to provide access to or re-instate the account email address. You can then cancel the subscription following the above steps.