Descript’s systems and security are trusted by companies such as the New York Times, NPR, HubSpot, and Al Jazeera. We know that the data our members share with us ranges from the personal to the proprietary. We take the responsibility to protect your data very seriously. We're SOC 2 Type II compliant.
- The integrity of the systems Descript has in place to protect your data has been verified by independent auditors, and will continue to be verified regularly.
- Your Project data — including the audio and video that you upload to Descript, the transcripts of those files, and other associated metadata — are confidential, even from Descript employees.
- If you delete your data from Descript, we permanently delete it from our servers.
- Our Terms of Service governs the use and access of Descript’s audio and video editing tools.
- Our Security and Confidentiality page contains an overview of Descript’s security and confidentiality systems.