Here are some tips for troubleshooting transcription issues you may encounter.
Transcript is broken up into one or a few words per line
This happens when your script is using a multitrack sequence with misaligned tracks. To fix this:
- Open the sequence and adjust your tracks' alignment.
- If your sequence contains multiple tracks with the same speaker, exclude from your script any extra tracks with that speaker.
Transcript corrections and speaker labels disappearing
This occurs when your script utilizes a multitrack sequence with improperly aligned tracks. To resolve this issue:
- Access the sequence and adjust the alignment of your tracks.
- When your sequence includes multiple tracks featuring the same speaker, remove any extra tracks from your script with that speaker.
Transcription not starting or is stuck
If automatic transcript is stuck or not starting:
- Make sure the files you've imported or recorded have been fully processed and uploaded to the cloud. You can monitor file syncing from the app.
- Make sure you are using a stable internet connection.
- Use Replace file from the media library to re-trigger transcription. Click here to learn how to replace files.
- Check our status page to see if there are any ongoing issues.
White-glove transcription hasn't arrived
Human-powered transcription is generally complete within the same business day. However, it can take up to 3 business days for a completed transcript to appear in rare cases. If your transcript still has not arrived after 3 business days, please reach out to Descript Support for assistance.