In this guide, we’ll show you how to correct errors in your transcript without editing the underlying audio or video.
How to correct your transcript
Before getting started
You'll need to import and transcribe a file into a composition. If you haven't done this or are unsure how to do this, check out our guide on importing and transcribing files.
Correcting one word at a time
- In the Script editor, double-click on the word you want to correct.
- Click Correct in the script toolbar.
- Type the correction you want to make.
- Select Correct or press
Enter. The word will be underlined briefly while the audio realigns with the new text.
Use the Correction Mode for multiple changes
- In the script editor, double-click a word, and click Correct in the script toolbar.
- Select Enter correct text mode.
- Make changes to the transcript as needed; these changes will only affect the text and not the underlying media. The word will be underlined briefly while the audio realigns with the new text.
- To exit correction mode, click Edit media in the top left corner, or press
Use keyboard shortcuts for faster corrections
There are three useful keyboard shortcuts that will help you quickly make corrections:
Z. Keep these shortcuts in mind for quick and efficient transcript corrections.
Cand click a word to quickly correct it.
Xand click a word to toggle different punctuation options.
Zand click a word to toggle capitalization.