Issues with recording in Descript can typically be caused by a few different known issues. Check below for details on how you can make the most of your recording experience.
- Restart your computer - Especially on Windows, camera and audio devices can get tangled up by different apps, and the only way to fix it is a good old restart.
You’ve run out of memory - Check the Recommended system requirements (You need at least 8GB of RAM).
- Also, try closing other applications that might be using up system resources.
- Free up hard drive space - We don’t recommend using Descript with less than 20GB of free space on your hard drive.
Check your graphics card (Windows) - Make sure your GPU drivers are up-to-date.
- If your GPU drivers are up-to-date and they still have not had any updates in more than two years, then you’ll probably still have issues and we don’t recommend recording video with Descript.
- Switch your camera/mic recording device - If you’re using a third-party microphone or camera, or a virtual device, try switching to different devices and see if that helps.
Steps for recovering a recording can be found in our article How do I recover a lost recording?