- macOS 10.13 or later
- macOS 10.14 or later required for Computer Audio recording
- Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser is required for authentication
Descript now offers an application version with native support for Apple Silicon (M1).
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit OS (7.0 or greater)
- Windows 10 Version 1903(May 2019 Update) or later required for Screen Recorder and Computer Audio
- Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser is required for authentication
Desktop Browsers (Playback and Comments only)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Descript available for use on other platforms such as Chromebooks, Linux, iOS or other mobile apps?
Descript is currently only available as a Windows or Mac desktop application, although you can access limited viewing and transcription submission features when logged in via a web browser at web.descript.com.
I'm seeing an error message that Descript runs best with 20GB of free space. What gives?
Though Descript can run with less than 20GB of storage, Descript runs best with 20GB or more free space on your hard drive. You can also change the location of offline files if you're out of space locally and don't want to delete data on your hard drive.