Descript supports adding video, audio, and images to your compositions. There are a variety of ways to add this media in Descript:
- Record in the main editor or using the Quick recorder
- Add project files or stock video from the media library
- Drag and drop or upload video files in your Script Editor, Canvas, or Timeline
- Record in the main editor
- Add project files or stock music and sound effects from the media library
- Drag and drop or upload audio files in your script, canvas, or timeline
- Add stock media images or import your own images from the media library
- Drag and drop or upload images into your composition.
Adjusting layer order
If you add a visual layer to your scene, you can move it forward or backward from the Canvas. Just right-click on the visual and choose where you want to move it to in the scene. You can adjust the order of a visual, including shapes, waveforms, progress bars, and text
Removing a layer
To delete a layer from a scene, select it in your Script Editor or Canvas and press delete (macOS)or backspace (Windows). To delete a text layer spanning multiple scenes, select it in the timeline and press delete (macOS)or backspace (Windows).
Layer and clip properties
You can adjust your visual layer's position, size, orientation, and opacity from the Properties Panel. You can also change the start time, duration, speed and volume of individual clips from the Clips section.