Deleting your account is non-reversible. Once this action is complete, your email address will no longer exist in Descript, and you will need to sign-up as a new user.
Before you delete your account
All of the following data will be permanently removed from our systems including, but not limited to:
- Your personal data
- Projects, compositions and all associated media (including other drive members' projects) – make sure to:
- export any media you would like to keep
- transfer project ownership to another drive member (if you are a member of a team drive)
- Every drive owned by your account’s email address
- Transcriptions (including automatic, white glove, and imported) – please be sure to export any transcriptions that you wish to keep
- Invoices and receipts – download your receipts for your records
- Your email address from our marketing emails
- Any active subscriptions – these will immediately be canceled, and any unused time will be forfeited
Alternatives to deleting your account
If you are only trying to cancel or downgrade your Descript subscription to a Free or other plan, please see our article on canceling or downgrading your Descript subscription.
If you are trying to remove one of your drives from your account, but still want to remain a Descript customer, please reach out to Descript Support for assistance.
Deleting your account
- Remove Drive members
- Visit https://web.descript.com/account or open the app and view the Profile tab under your Account setting.
- Select Delete account; this will open up an alert window warning you that deleting the account is permanent.
- Choose Delete Account from the alert window.
- Once complete you will be automatically logged out of Descript and your account will be removed from our system.