You can record audio, video, or screen capture in Descript. There are two ways you can access the recording features:
- Using the recorder in the insert bar at the top of the app.
- Using the Quick Recorder; this is a standalone recorder separate from the main application.
While this section covers using the recorder found within the main editor, it’s important to note a few differences between the two recorders:
- Video recording or screen capturing in the main app will record separate video and audio tracks and create a multitrack sequence with them. The quick recorder will create a single video file.
- The quick recorder is less labor-intensive on your computer than the in-app recorder.
- If you use the in-app recorder for a screen recording with your camera enabled, you will not see your camera feed during the recording.