Descript offers you the option to try new and upcoming features through Descript Labs. This allows you to experiment with upcoming features in their early-stages. These features are in development, so their quality may vary. We encourage you to experiment with these early-access features and share feedback.
How to access a Descript Labs feature
- Open Settings > General.
- In the Labs section, turn on or off the features you would like to try out.
You can also turn on or off features from your app setting in the Drive view.
Sharing your feedback
You can leave us feedback about a Descript Labs feature by clicking Leave Feedback at the bottom of under the Labs section in Settings.
Features to try out
New Timeline design
The redesigned Timeline offers improved editing and selection capabilities. Below you can review the key improvements to the new design.
Increased visual feedback and clarity on layers
- Layers now have larger content thumbnails and always-visible layer names
- Choose from default and large layer heights
- The timeline is now vertically scrollable
More power and flexibility
- For layers that span across scenes, you can now select and make changes to the whole layer or to specific scenes.
- Easier to slip edit directly from the timeline by seeing start and end timestamps
- More granularity when editing volume keyframes