Edit boundaries are vertical lines that appear in your script. They are different from scene boundaries and represent where two clips in your script meet. Edit boundaries will show up anytime you make an edit in the script editor or timeline, so anytime you:
- Add video or audio to an existing script
- Delete or ignore sections of script
- Make cuts in your script track with the Blade tool.
- Insert a gap clip or a freeze frame in your script track.
Viewing edit boundaries in your script
If you want to toggle on or off viewing edit boundaries in your script, click > View > Show edit boundaries.
Smooth edits and restoring media
When edit boundaries are showing, you can quickly access the following additional features:
- Smooth edits—hover over an edit boundary and click Regenerate edit to smooth any jumpy, mismatched, or awkward edits using our Regenerate feature. Learn more about Regenerate
- Restoring removed media—if you need restore anything you edited out, right-click on an edit boundary and select Restore removed media from the menu.