This guide will walk you through connecting your Descript account to a SquadCast account.
Before linking accounts
Here are a few things to keep in mind to make sure you link accounts snag free:
- If you have multiple Descript drives, make sure to select the correct drive you want to link. Don't worry, you'll still be able to import your remote recordings to all your drives. Linking the correct drive pertains to managing your subscription.
- If you are on a team drive, only the drive owner can link a Descript account to a SquadCast account
Linking accounts works the same for all Descript plans. The drive owner can follow this guide to link an Enterprise drive to a SquadCast account, so keep reading.
Get SquadCast and link your accounts
- Sign in to Descript. You should see an in-app message prompting you to connect to SquadCast. if you closed out of this message or are not seeing it, don't worry. Go to Settings > Subscription and choose Connect to SquadCast. This will open a SquadCast page in your web browser.
- Sign up for a SquadCast account.
- You'll now connect the two accounts. If you own multiple drives, make sure to select the correct drive at the bottom of the web page before continuing. If not, continue to step 4.
- Please review the offer and select Redeem Offer.
- And that's it! You can now record using SquadCast; when you're done the recording will be transcribed for you to edit in Descript. Check out our SquadCast quick start guide and start remote recording!
Next steps for team drives
If you have team members on your drive, you'll need to add them to your SquadCast organization to enable them to record in SquadCast. Learn how to add team members to your SquadCast organization.