There are three drive members in Descript: editor members, basic members, and drive owners.
Editor vs. basic members
|Inviting other drive members||Can invite basic members||Can invite basic and editor members (may require drive Owner approval - learn more)|
|Initiate transcription||Only projects they own||Only projects owned by Editor members|
|Contribute to monthly automatic transcription limit||No||Yes (amount determined by plan)|
|Additional cost per seat||No||Yes (paid by drive owner)|
|Create quick recordings of any duration||Yes||Yes|
|Create projects||Only in their private workspace||Yes|
|Edit projects and quick recordings||Only projects they own||Only projects owned by Editor members|
|View or comment on other drive members' projects||Yes||Yes|
|Duplicate projects||They can copy projects they own into their private workspace||Yes|
|Publish or export compositions over 5 minutes, or with added layers||No||Yes|
|Export or publish other drive members projects||No||Yes|
|Share or transfer ownership of their projects||No||Yes|
|Create Overdub voices||Yes||Yes|
The drive owner is the user who created the drive. The drive owner has the same permissions as an Editor member, plus:
- They can change a drive membership between Basic and Editor.
- They can make changes to the drive’s subscription.
- They are billed for the drive’s subscription.
- Drive owners (and drive members) cannot transfer drive ownership to other drive members. If you need to transfer drive ownership, please contact our support team.
- There can only be one drive owner per drive.
Drive owner editing permissions cannot be changed
The drive owner has the same editing permissions as an editor member. You cannot be downgraded to basic editing permissions at this time.