If you're looking to simplify an edited composition or trim down your multimedia before sending it off for transcription, Descript's flatten tracks feature can help.
Flatten tracks creates a brand new file in your composition overwriting your existing edits you've made. Typically we recommend duplicating the composition before flattening in the event that you may want to later make revisions to your edits.
Using flatten tracks
- Select the downward arrow next to your composition's name in the App Bar.
- Click on the next to your composition's name in the dropdown menu
- Hover over Flatten tracks and choose between the two options:
- Only include media in your script track
- Include all media in your composition