Descript gives you comprehensive exporting and publishing options tailored to different workflows:
- Export your content to your computer as a video, audio, GIF, text, or subtitle file.
- Export your Timeline, non-destructively, to continue editing in most major audio and video editing tools.
- Publish a standalone web page with a shareable link and embeddable web player.
- Publish directly to any of our integrated publishing and distribution platforms — including YouTube and many podcast hosting services.
Exporting and publishing your content
You export or publish a composition by selecting Publish in the top right corner of the main editor. There are two tabs in the publish menu you can select from:
- The Export tab provides options for exporting a file to your computer.
- The Publish tab provides options for publishing your composition directly online to various hosting platforms.
Embedded subtitles in video files
When you export a composition as an mp4 video file, the subtitle cards are automatically embedded into the file. This means that services that support embedded subtitles may allow the user to enable or disable the subtitle text.
Descript's embedded subtitles are not burned into the video. Burned subtitles are permanently visible in your video and cannot be removed. Descript supports adding custom captions if you want to add burned subtitles to your video.
Embedded subtitles only contain the text and timestamp data. Once you have imported your video into the destination application (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other editing, broadcast or hosting platform) you should have the ability to modify your display properties including text formatting.