Downloading files to your computer and then re-uploading them into Descript is a time-consuming task. Edit in Descript removes this process and streamlines your workflow to get you editing content quicker. This article covers how to get your Riverside recordings in Descript using the Edit in Descript integration.
Using Edit in Descript with Riverside
In order to take advantage of this feature in Descript, you need to be a Riverside user with a recorded session ready for import.
1. Navigate to your Riverside Dashboard and locate the recordings you wish to export. If you just finished recording, exiting your Riverside Studio will take you directly to the corresponding recording page.
2. Click Download > Timeline > Descript in the top-right corner.
3. Select the files you wish to export to Descript and click Edit in Descript. This will open the next browser page.
4. Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue. You will see the Import Page.
Setting Up Your New Project
5. Set the Drive location of your new project, select the transcription language, and click Create Project and Import Files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
6. Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the Import Page
Now that your project has been created, if you try re-opening the Import Page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your Riverside files will begin importing and you can monitor the progress from inside your project.
Once it’s done, you can start editing your recordings in Descript.