Downloading files to your computer and then re-uploading them into Descript is a time-consuming task. Edit in Descript removes this process and streamlines your workflow to get you editing content quicker. This article covers how to get your SquadCast recordings in Descript using the Edit in Descript integration.
Using Edit In Descript with SquadCast
In order to take advantage of this feature in Descript, you need to be a SquadCast user with a recorded session ready for import.
1. Open your Account Settings from your Dashboard Enable the Edit in Descript in the Integrations tab.
2. Navigate to your Show and select the recordings you want to import into Descript.
3. Click the Edit In Descript icon in your Workflow at the bottom of your screen. This will open the next browser page.
4. Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue. You will see the Import Page.
The Import Page will show you the list of SquadCast files you are importing and allow you to set the Drive location and transcription language when importing your files.
Setting Up Your New Project
5. Set the Drive location of your new project, select the transcription language, and click Create Project and Import Files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
6. Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the Import Page
Now that your project has been created, if you try re-opening the Import Page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your SquadCast files will begin importing and you can monitor the progress from inside your project.
Once it’s done, you can start editing your recordings in Descript.