Descript's creative distortion effect allows you to modify your source audio producing a sound that is often described as having a "fuzzy", "growling", or "gritty" tone. This could be useful in situations where an extra loud, overdriven, or other exaggerated effect is desired.
If you haven't yet already, check out our Effects Overview for details on adding / removing effects, as well as a breakdown of the various stages you can insert effects into your Composition.
A variety of preset's are provided so that you may hit the ground running with creating.
- Speaker Simulation
- Garage Hero
- Fuzzy Bass
- Dark and Stormy
To choose a preset click the "Select Preset" dropdown selector. We provide 5 different creative distortion preset settings that you can test the sound of below.
Manually Adjusting Effects Settings
To get more hands-on control over the Distortion effects parameters navigate to Show Details.
Once Show Details is selected you will be provided with a list of configuration options that include an assortment of creative distortion tone selections.
Below is a brief overview of these settings:
- Gain - is how loud the input of the channel is. It controls tone, not loudness.
- Drive - The percentage of Gain that is applied
- Bass - (low pass filter) cuts the frequencies of an audio clip from a range of 1.00 Hz to 250Hz
- Treble - (high pass filter) cuts the frequencies of an audio clip from a range of 6000Hz to 20,000Hz
- Distortion A - Provides a rich, full, and fuzzy sounding tone with more low-end present
- Distortion B - Provides a sharp, thin, scratchy sounding tone with more high-end present
You can also access several real-world amp simulation models which provide their own distinct sonic characteristics.
- Marshall Cabinet
- ADA Cabinet
- V-Twin Preamp