Next, you'll want to Create a Descript Account and sign in to begin accessing the Screen Recorder features.
The screen recorder appears as a separate window from the main Descript editing app. The following details will help get you familiar with its layout and features.
You can access the Screen Recorder on Windows by clicking on the up arrow in the Notifications Area in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
If the Screen Recorder icon is not visible in the notifications area, you may need to update to a more recent build of Windows 10.
In MacOS the Screen Recording menu will appear by clicking on the in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Granting Access (MacOS Only)
In order for Descript to access the necessary hardware on MacOS, you will need to grant access to the Camera, Microphone, and Screen Recording options in the Security & Privacy preferences.
To get started:
- Click on the Descript icon in the top MacOS menu bar. Click on the Grant Access button for "Camera" and the Security & Privacy window will appear.
- Locate and click on the checkbox next to Descript, then click Later when the dialog prompts you to Quit and Reopen.
- Click on the Microphone option in the left sidebar and check the box next to Descript again, then click Later as before.
- Scroll down in the left sidebar then click on the Screen Recording option. You may need to click on the lock icon in the lower-left corner and authenticate with your MacOS password. Once unlocked, click the final checkbox next to Descript and select Quit & Reopen.
- Close the Security and Privacy menu, then click again on the Descript icon in the MacOS menu bar to view the Screen Recorder options.
Once complete, you're all set to begin using Screen Recorder!