Descript allows you to easily adjust the video settings of a given Composition, depending upon your publishing needs. Say for example, if you want to publish a lower resolution audiogram in addition to your landscape main video. Maybe you're looking for a portrait-style version for TikTok.
Managing your composition's video properties
You can see the current properties of your composition from the Track Inspector. To do so:
- Click the Show Track Inspector icon on the top right of the app or use the Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Option + I (Mac) or Control + Alt + I (Windows).
- Click on the script area to change the focus to the Composition.
To change the properties, click the Edit button. From here, you can control your:
- Video Orientation (Landscape, Portrait, Square, Custom)
- Video Resolution (720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K)
- Video Frame Rate or FPS (23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60)
Please note that some of these settings can be changed upon export as well. For more information on video exports, click here -> Exporting Video