The Inspector provides a one-stop-shop to view and manage the various properties of your Project's files, Compositions and more.
To open the Inspector click on the Inspector icon at the top-right side of the app window, or press Command + Option + I (Mac) or Control + Alt + I (Windows).
The Inspector sidebar changes as you click around to different areas of your Project to provide relevant details and property controls for adjusting your files, clips and Compositions. Continue reading for an overview of each section.
When a Composition has been selected in the Project Sidebar, or if you click in the main Script editor, you will see the Composition's properties. These include:
- Current Resolution and Frame Rate (video only)
- Edit menu (video only) - Adjust the Orientation, Resolution, and Frame Rate (FPS) of your Composition.
- Volume (decibels) - Adjust the volume by moving the slider left/right.
- Pan - Adjust the stereo panning by clicking the Pan pot and moving your mouse left/right.
- Add Effect - Add Effects such as a Compressor or Equalizer.
- Tracks - a list of all of the current tracks in your Composition, including the Script track, which you can edit or hover over to switch to the Clip properties view.
For tracks that include audio, such as the Script track, you can quickly access the Volume, Mute (M) and Solo (S) buttons, or adjust the stereo Pan. Pressing Mute button will prevent that track from playing while enabled. The Solo button on the other hand, will only play the selected track and mute all other tracks while enabled.
You can quickly reset the volume and pan settings to 0 by double-clicking the pan pot / volume slider.
Clip properties can be accessed by double-clicking a clip in the Timeline, or by right-clicking on the clip and selecting Show clip properties. The properties of your clip will change depending on the type, and will allow you to:
- Adjust volume and panning
- Add Effects
- Add Cues
- Adjust Shape, Title and Clip Properties
- Switch the Multicam video focus
- Adjust Clip Speed
Track properties can also be accessed by double-clicking on a clip in the timeline and allow you to:
Selecting a media file in the Project Sidebar will open the file inspector where you can see important metadata and perform various actions.
- File name
- Rename files - click on the file's name to change the name of the file.
- Other file options (...)
The transcript section allows you to view your file's transcript metadata and manage additional options such as:
- Transcribe / re-transcribe files
- Order White Glove Transcriptions
- Identify Speakers
- Import Transcripts
In this section, you will see a list of all of the locations in your project where the file has been added, such as Compositions and Sequences. Additionally you can perform various actions such as:
- Jump to composition / sequence - hover your mouse over the name and click the right arrow button to open the location.
- Add Composition from file - This will create a new Composition from the selected file and switch your view to that Composition.
Cue properties can be viewed by opening the Inspector then clicking on the green Cue icon in a clip in your Timeline or Pinned track. Cue properties allow you to adjust the various features of a cue such as size, position, and color / highlighting effects.
You can also manage which Cue effects are visible in the Inspector sidebar by clicking on the ellipsis tab and checking the box of the features you wish to use.