You might already know that Descript's automatic transcription leads the industry in accuracy and speed. But for mission-critical tasks, when automatic transcription doesn't cut it, we also offer White Glove transcription: professional, human transcription at a highly-competitive rate — in just one click.
With White Glove you get:
- Up to 99% accuracy for files that are clearly audible.
- Timestamps and speaker labels included
- Verbatim transcription
- An average turn-around of less than 24 hours (learn more)
- The audio is linked to the text, so you can hear what you're reading, on-demand
- $2 / min of audio
White Glove Length Limit
There is a 2 hour limit to the length of audio / video that can be submitted for each transcription. If you have audio or video media that is longer than 2 hours, you must edit the media file into multiple parts, so that each file is under 2 hours.
How to use White Glove
- Create a new Descript Project by clicking the Add New button from your Project browser or going to the File menu and selecting New Project.
- The app will prompt you to choose (or drag) an audio or video file to transcribe.
- Drag in the file you’d like to transcribe with White Glove. You’ll see a menu with several choices: Automated, White Glove, and Import Transcript.
- Click White Glove. You’ll see a price estimate for your file. When you’re ready, click Transcribe to submit your audio for White Glove transcription.
After clicking the Transcribe button, a confirmation window will appear showing the price of the transcription. Click the Submit button to finalize the transaction and submit the audio for transcription:
Descript will upload your audio and initiate the White Glove transcription process, assigning it to a professional human transcriptionist. Typically White Glove transcripts are completed in less than a business day, but can take up to 3 days to process. The composition will show "Transcribing - 0%" until the transcription has been finished, at which point you will receive a notification email, and the fully transcribed script will appear in your composition.