Audiograms are a great way to create meaningful visualizations of your text/audio and share it with your friends, family and followers. With Descript, you can easily turn highlights from your composition into an audiogram, then either save or share it online!
Features labeled with are available on Descript's Pro plan.
Creating an Audiogram
First, select the range of audio you'd like to include in your audiogram.
Next, click the Share button and then select the Publish tab to see your list of options. Here, you'll be able to select from a few different style templates and add basic customization:
Template and Shape - This allows you to select between a few different audiogram templates with distinct styles, effects and spacing.
Show Composition Title - This will add the title of the Composition to the top-left corner of the audiogram.
Show Speaker Label - This will add the Speaker Label to the top-left corner of the audiogram.
Accent Color - Change the color of the audiogram with any of our pre-selected defaults, or customize with your own color using the color picker, Hex, or RGB values.
Adding a background image
1. Select the range of audio you'd like to include in your audiogram then click Share > Publish.
2. Scroll down to the section labeled "Background image" and click Choose file...
3. Select the desired background image on your computer. For optimum results, we recommend images that are 600x600 pixels.
Improve visibility of your audiogram text
Tint background: Applies an image overlay to the background for increased contrast.
Dark Mode: Switches between a black or white font to improve visibility of your text.
Choose an accent color
1. Locate the "Accent color" section and click on the color selector to the right.
2. Choose from one of 9 pre-defined colors.
3. You can also select a custom color using the color picker, Hex or RGB values.
Customizing the badge
Descript offers three options for badges:
Descript: Adds the Descript logo in the top-right corner of the audiogram.
Custom: Allows you to add a custom badge icon from your computer to the top-right corner of the audiogram. Images should be 80x80 pixels for optimum results.
None: Removes the badge from your audiogram.
Once you're ready, click the Publish button and a confirmation window will appear letting you know that a publish link has been created for your Audiogram and the file is currently being generated. Here you will have the option to:
- Share Link - Click to copy your publish link.
- View in Finder - Click to access the local copy of your audiogram on your computer.
- Open in browser - Click to open a new browser window with your published audiogram.
- Copy embed code - Click to copy the embed source code which you can paste into the html of a custom webpage.
Many of the options available to other types of published pages are also available for Audiograms so feel free to check out our Publishing Overview for more details.