The steps below will walk you through how to downgrade your subscription. When downgrading or cancelling a subscription, you will no longer have access to your current plan's features, but you will retain access to all the projects on your account. This can be useful if you are planning on taking a break from your projects and intend to resume working on them at a later date.
Subscription change takes effect at end of billing cycle
After downgrading, you will retain access to your subscription until the end of your current billing period, after which your selected changes will take effect.
Subscriptions that are canceled partway through a billing cycle will not receive a pro-rated refund. Please see Descript's Refund Policy for more details.
Downgrading to a Free plan
If you are downgrading to a Free plan, you will need to remove any additional Editor members from the Drive. If they own projects on the Drive and you wish to retain access to these projects, make sure to transfer ownership of the projects to your account. After completing these steps, you can proceed with cancelling your subscription
Canceling your subscription
1. Visit https://web.descript.com/subscription and if you have multiple drives, select the correct drive from the list.
2. Click the Subscription tab in the top menu bar.
3. Click the Edit button on the "Subscription" line.
4. You may either downgrade your Pro plan to a Creator plan, or cancel your subscription by selecting the Free plan.
5. Click the Cancel subscription or Downgrade button.
6. Please feel free to provide any additional details and then click Cancel subscription when finished.
If you'd like to delete your account permanently, please see our help center article How to delete your Descript account.