Zapier is a free tool that lets you automate workflows between Descript and other popular web applications.
With Zapier, you can do things like:
- Automatically transcribe files when they're added to a Dropbox or Google Drive folder
- Automatically export transcriptions to a Dropbox or Google Drive
- Save an iPhone voice memo to Dropbox & automatically transcribe it
- Send email or text notifications when new transcriptions are ready
If you're transcribing a lot of audio, Zapier is a powerful tool for speeding up repetitive tasks.
- Create an free Zapier account.
- Join the beta of the Descript Zapier Integration.
- Add any other apps you want to use with Zapier
An Introduction to Zapier
If you're new to Zapier, here's some terminology that'll help understand how this stuff works.
- Zaps are workflows.
- Zaps begin with a Trigger - something that happens in one of your apps - e.g. putting a file in a particular Dropbox folder, or a Descript transcription being ready.
- Actions are the things that happen after the Trigger.
So for example, you might want to create a Zap that is Triggered by adding an audio file to a folder in your Dropbox account called "transcribe", and then takes the Action of creating a new transcription of that file.
You might then want to create a second Zap that is Triggered on a new Descript transcription being ready, and takes the Action of emailing you the transcript.
Please note: Video files are not officially supported at this time.
Using Descript's Zapier Integration