Some users may experience issues when installing Descript using the installer file. Here are some tips that can help get around these issues.
Download Stalls Partway Through Installation
The installer package is a lightweight application that is quickly downloaded to begin the installation process. This application will actually initiate the download of the much larger Descript editor package which can take a long time to download if your internet connection is slow or unstable.
If your installer package appears to have stalled partway through, please leave the installation application open until the download has been completed.
If your application is unable to download fully after several hours, please reach out to customer support for further assistance.
Application installs but fails to load
- Download the .dmg file at the following link: https://web.descript.com/download?platform=mac
- Once you have downloaded the file, double-click on it to open.
- Drag the Descript application into your 'Applications' folder.
- If your account does not have administrative privileges, you can also drag the file to your Desktop or other folder to which you have write access.
Here's a link to the download: https://web.descript.com/download?platform=windows
If you're having trouble installing:
- Make sure your Windows user account has administrative access.
- Make sure you have your anti-virus software disabled.