If none of Descript's AI Action presets do what you're looking to do, you're free to type in custom prompts and explore uncharted territories. Just be prepared for the occasional odd or unusable response—you're interacting with an AI that can be wonderfully insightful but also weirdly alien-like.
Also, it's important to note that most AI actions are tailored to editing transcript-related content. AI Actions are currently not hooked up to most other features in the app for example (this list is not exhaustive):
Generating an AI Actions
- Open or create a project.
- Open the Action bar at the top of your project's script editor.
- Choose Ask AI at the bottom of the panel.
- Select an action from the list, or type in a custom prompt.
- When you're ready, click or just press Return (macOS) or Enter (Windows).
Want to stop an AI Action?
If you realize the in progress AI Action is heading down the wrong path and you want to start over, just click Stop.