You can record over any selection in the script and replace it with the a new recording. When you replace a selection, Descript intelligently matches the new pacing, so your scenes and b-roll layers remain in the right spot for simple editing later. This allows you to write your script, make your scenes, drop in your b-roll, add animations and transitions before you record anything.
How to replace a selection
- Highlight the section of script you want to replace with a new recording.
- The selection toolbar will appear — select Replace with > Recording.
- Select the recording type — you can choose to record audio, video, or your screen.
- Setup your recording.
- When your ready, select Replace selection to begin recording.
- Press the Stop icon to end the recording.
Your new recording will have replaced the selecting script section while keeps the relative position of your scenes and other layers.