Now you can use Descript to edit and create content in your web browser, without downloading or installing the desktop app. Finally!
How do I access Descript for web?
1. Go to web.descript.com.
2. Open or create a project.
3. Start editing!
Let us know what works and what doesn't
Descript for web is in beta at the moment. While we work on perfecting this experience, some features may not be supported, and you may encounter a bug or two. We hope you'll understand and we'd greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Click below to tell us about any issues, suggest improvements, or share thoughts about your experience.
While we work on the web experience, there are some limitations to editing from your web browser. With the exception of mobile support, all the features below are supported in Descript's desktop app.
Browser and platform support
- Descript for web works on Chrome and Edge.
Not designed for small mobile screens.
Recording and file support
- Recording is currently unsupported in Descript for web. All Descript customers may either download the desktop application, or access SquadCast's web-based recording service for free. Click here to learn more.
- 5GB is the maximum supported file size.
- Playback may take a little longer if you’re working with larger files.
- Descript for web supported file types.
Export and sharing
Exporting Video, Audio, GIF on Web is now in Beta. You may experience slowness or encounter bugs while this feature is in Beta. Exporting transcripts and subtitles are still supported as before.
Web export works best on a Chromium-based browser, such as Google Chrome, Edge, or Opera. You may encounter issues using Safari. Video export will not work if you are on an unsupported browser such as for Firefox or Internet Explorer.
"Export failed" error messages
- "File format is currently not supported by the web beta": If your project contains ProRes or other file formats that do not play back in web, you also won't be able to export the project. Exporting as a GIF does not work on unsupported browsers.
Timeline export and Batch export of all compositions in a project is not supported on web.
If you run into issues, try exporting with our Desktop app. Alternatively, you can always select the publish tab and then download your content by clicking the download icon.
Send feedback or get help with your web exports using the Share your feedback button above.