Now you can use Descript to edit and create content in your web browser, without downloading or installing the desktop app. Finally!
How do I access Descript for web?
We're gradually rolling out Descript’s web version. If you're currently part of the demo group:
1. Go to web.descript.com.
2. Open or create a project.
3. Start editing!
Let us know what works and what doesn't
Descript for web is in beta at the moment. While we work on perfecting this experience, some features may not be supported, and you may encounter a bug or two. We hope you'll understand and we'd greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Click below to tell us about any issues, suggest improvements, or share thoughts about your experience.
While we work on the web experience, there are some limitations to editing from your web browser. With the exception of mobile support, all the features below are supported in Descript's desktop app.
Browser and platform support
- Descript for web works on Chrome and Edge.
Not designed for small mobile screens.
Recording and file support
- 5GB is the maximum supported file size.
- Playback may take a little longer if you’re working with larger files.
- For now, you can't record in Descript for web.
- Descript for web supported file types.
Export and sharing
- Export isn't supported in Descript for web. Please publish and then download your content.
- Timeline export isn't supported.