How to overdub your recording
- If you haven’t already, add a speaker by typing
@in your script, or let Speaker Detective add them across the entire file.
- Make sure to select an AI speaker from the list. If you’re creating a new one, make sure to enable speech generation before proceeding.
- Highlight the section of script you want to overdub.
- Select Replace > Overdub in the selection bar (Or just press
- Type the audio you want to generate, and press Overdub.
Give Descript a moment to generate your audio. Once your overdubbed text stops flashing, you can listen and playback the section.
- Stock voices are not available for use with overdub.
- Overdub audio in only available in English.
- You can replace up to 250 characters at once.
- Overdubbing sections containing a video sequence will remove any video content in the selected range.