If you created your account using Sign up with Google and sign in by selecting Sign in with Google, you created your account with Google Auth.
If you want to remove Google Auth or change your email, you'll need to change your account to sign in with a username and password; then, you can change the account email address. Here's how:
Removing Google Auth
- Visit https://web.descript.com/account or open the app and view the Profile tab under your Account settings.
- Click Set up password under the Sign in methods sections; write down the email address listed on the prompt (you'll need it shortly); then click Logout in the prompt panel to continue.
- Go to Descript's website and select Sign up or Create an account from the app.
- Enter the same email address for your account when signing up and input a password.
- You'll now see a prompt to link the account to your existing account; press Continue.
- When prompted, sign into your Google account if you are not already, and click Open Descript when prompted.
- Open back up the Profile tab in your Account settings.
- Select Remove Google under the Sign in methods; press Remove in the prompt panel to continue.
Changing your email
Now that you've removed Google Auth, you can easily change the email address associated with your account.
- Click in the email text box, type in the email address you want to use.
- Click Update at the bottom right of the settings panel.
And you're all set! The next time you sign in, you'll use your new email address and password.