Descript eliminates the tedious and error-prone process of downloading files to your computer and re-uploading them into Descript — and streamlines your workflow — by letting you import Restream recordings directly into the app.
Before using this feature
- You need to be a Restream user with a recording ready for import.
- Please note that this feature is currently in beta. See the known issues and limitations for further details.
How to import your Restream recordings
- Navigate to your Restream Video Storage and select the Recordings tab.
- Click the vertical ellipses under the recording you wish to export to Descprit and select Edit in Descript.
- Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue.
- Type in your project’s name, set the storage location on your Drive, select the transcription language and click Create project and import files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
- Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the import link
Now that you've created the Descript project, if you try re-opening the import web page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.