Descript eliminates the tedious and error-prone process of downloading files to your computer and re-uploading them into Descript — and streamlines your workflow — by letting you import Restream recordings directly into the app.
Before using this feature
- You need to be a Restream user with a recording ready for import.
- Please note that this feature is currently in beta. See the known issues and limitations for further details.
How to import your Restream recordings
- Navigate to your Restream Video Storage and select the Recordings tab.
- Click the vertical ellipses under the recording you wish to export to Descprit and select Edit in Descript.
- Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue.
- Type in your project’s name, set the storage location on your Drive, select the transcription language and click Create project and import files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
- Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the import link
Now that you've created the Descript project, if you try re-opening the import web page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your Restream files will begin importing, and you can monitor the progress of your project. Once done, you can start editing your Restream recordings in Descript and publish them directly to Restream when you are finished.