Descript eliminates the tedious and error-prone process of downloading files to your computer and re-uploading them into Descript — and streamlines your workflow — by letting you import Captivate episodes directly into the app.
Same on the back end: once you've finished editing in Descript, you can publish your edited episode directly to Captivate using Edit in Descript.
When you import a Captivate episode using Edit in Descript, your project will retain the Captivate episode ID. After you publish directly to Captivate from Descript, you’ll be able to replace the original episode any time. It’s great for fixing editorial mistakes to published episodes or adding new content without creating a new episode.
Importing a Captivate episode
Before using this feature
- You need to be a Captivate user with an episode ready for import.
- Please note that this feature is currently in beta. See the known issues and limitations for further details.
1. Navigate to your Episodes Screen on your Captivate Dashboard and click the Edit icon for the episode you want to import into Descript.
3. Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue.
4. Type in your project’s name, set the storage location on your Drive, select the transcription language and click Create project and import files.
Re-opening the import link
Now that you've created the Descript project, if you try re-opening the import web page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your Captivate episode will begin importing, and you can monitor the progress from inside your project. Once it's done, you can start editing your episode in Descript.