The Descript beta program provides users with early access to new features and the chance to discuss them directly with Descript's creators, allowing them to shape the direction of the product.
We're looking for beta testers who will provide us with comprehensive feedback regarding their experience while using new features, as well as reporting any encountered bugs.
Descript beta is a non-production version of the application and, as such, may contain features that will change or possibly be removed from the development pipeline altogether. Additionally, beta software may contain cosmetic or functional errors that could impact your production.
It is recommended that the beta application not be used in mission-critical production environments to minimize any chances of impact to your production work.
Download the beta app
- Download the beta application for macOS (Intel)
- Download the beta application for macOS (Apple Silicon)
- Download the beta application for Windows
Where to provide feedback
Members are encouraged to join and provide feedback in the beta channel of the Descript Discord community.
- Follow the instructions to learn more about and join Discord here.
- Navigate to the apply-to-join-beta channel in the left-hand sidebar.
- Read through the beta program terms and accept by clicking the :test_tube: reaction/emoji at the bottom to access the beta channel.
- Navigate to the beta channel in the left-hand sidebar.
Switching between the public release and beta application
Occasionally we ship changes that break compatibility between the public release and the beta - when that happens, we show a warning in the Editor.
Quit the Quick Recorder before switching
If your Quick Recorder settings have the Run in background option enabled, you must quit the Quick Recorder first before switching to the other version.