If you’re having issues installing Descript, here are some tips that can help you get around the most common installation pitfalls.
Download stalls halfway through the installation
The installation process starts by downloading the installer package. It’s a lightweight application that can be downloaded relatively quickly. The installer package will then initiate the download of the much larger Descript editor package, which can take a lot longer.
If your installer package appears to have stalled partway through, we recommend you leave the installation application open until the download has been completed. If your application is unable to download fully after several hours, please reach out to customer support for further assistance.
The application installs but fails to load
- Download the .dmg file at the following link: https://web.descript.com/download?platform=mac
- Once you have downloaded the file, double-click on it to open
- Drag the Descript application into your 'Applications' folder
- If your account does not have administrative privileges, you can also drag the file to your Desktop or other folder to which you have write access
Here's a link to the download: https://web.descript.com/download?platform=windows
- If you're having trouble installing:
- Make sure your Windows user account has administrative access
- Make sure you have your anti-virus software disabled