In the event that your computer is unable to connect with Descript's servers to download the original quality media for your composition you may see the following error:
Could not download some original files for export. Using optimized assets instead.
By default, Descript will continue exporting the file with as many original files as can be retrieved. If you wish to only export using original media:
- Cancel the download of the original files by clicking on the Skip button.
- Then cancel the export by clicking the Cancel button.
- Finally, re-attempt the export.
It may also be a good idea to resolve any network connection issues your computer may be experiencing before re-attempting the export.
Using Original Files
Descript provides the ability to specify whether you store original or optimized files in your projects:
- Storing only Optimized files reduces the amount of hard disk storage your projects take up.
- Storing Original files will reduce the time required to export a Composition.
This setting can be applied either globally for all new projects by default or on a per-project basis.