Before transferring ownership:
- Please note that only the project owner or drive owner can transfer ownership of a project.
- The person who will be the new owner must be an editor member or the drive owner on the same drive the project is on.
- Be sure you're ready to transfer ownership! Learn more about project ownership.
How to Transfer Ownership of a Project to Another User
- From the Drive View, click on the far right of the project title.
- Select Project Access from the dropdown menu.
- Type the new owner's email into the text box and select invite to project.
- You'll see the user added to the list of people who have project access. select the box to the right of their name and choose make owner from the list of options.
- Select Transfer ownership in the confirmation window to finish transferring the project.
Ownership is transferred immediately and can only be changed by the current owner of the project.
you can also transfer ownership following the same steps from within a project; just open the project access panel in the main editor and follow from step 3.