The Quick Recorder application in Descript appears as a separate window from the main Descript editing app. It will be installed when you install Descript on your computer.
You can access the Quick Recorder on Windows by clicking on the up arrow in the notifications area in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
If the Quick Recorder icon is not visible in the notifications area, you may need to update to a more recent build of Windows 10.
The Quick Recorder menu will appear by clicking on the in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Granting camera, microphone, and screen recording access
In order for Descript to access the necessary hardware on macOS, you will need to grant access to the camera, microphone, and screen recording options in the Security & Privacy preferences.
- Click on the in the top macOS menu bar. Click on the Grant Access button for Camera and the Security & Privacy window will appear.
- Locate and click on the checkbox next to Descript, then click Later when the dialog prompts you to quit and reopen.
- Click on the Microphone option in the left sidebar, recheck the box next to Descript, and then click Later as before.
- Scroll down in the left sidebar, then click on the Screen Recording option. You may need to click on the lock icon in the lower-left corner and authenticate with your macOS password. Once unlocked, click the final checkbox next to Descript and select Quit & Reopen.
- Close the Security & Privacy menu, then click on the Descript icon in the macOS menu bar to view the Quick Recorder options.