You can apply animations to any visual in a scene and change a visual's position, size, cropping, orientation, and opacity. Descript comes with preset animations that you can adjust, or you can create a custom animation from scratch. You can also apply animations to text and captions to adjust their position or orientation.
How to add or remove an animation
- Select the visual in your Canvas.
- Select the
+icon in the Animation section to add your animation.
- Press the
—icon next to remove the animation.
Customizing an animation
How to adjust your animation's length and properties
- Choose a visual from the Canvas. If you haven't already, add an animation to your visual.
- Activate the animation mode by selecting in the Properties Panel to enable animation mode. Note that when you add an animation, Descript will automatically enable animation mode.
- To adjust the duration of the animation, Click and drag either keyframe from the TImeline.
- Select the start or end keyframe, and adjust its properties from the Properties Panel.
- To exit animation mode, press
Escor re-click .
Once you've added an animation to a visual layer, you’ll customize the animation's duration and properties using keyframes. Each animation has two keyframes that set your visual layer's start and end property values.