Downloading files to your computer and reuploading them into Descript is tedious and error-prone. Descript eliminates this process and streamlines your workflow by allowing you to import Riverside episodes directly into the app.
Before using this feature
- Please note that this feature is currently in beta.
- You need to be a Riverside user with a recording ready for import.
- Navigate to your Riverside Dashboard and locate the recordings you wish to export. If you just finished recording, exiting your Riverside Studio will take you directly to the corresponding recording page.
- Click Download > Timeline > Descript in the top-right corner.
- Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue.
- Type in your project’s name, set the storage location on your Drive, select the transcription language and click Create project and import files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
- A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application. Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the import link
Now that your project has been created, if you try re-opening the import web page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your Riverside recording will begin importing, and you can monitor the progress from inside your project. Once done, you can start editing your episode in Descript.