Downloading files to your computer and then re-uploading them into Descript is tedious and error-prone. Descript eliminates this process and streamlines your workflow by allowing you to import SquadCast recordings directly into the app.
Before using this feature
- You need to be a SquadCast user with a recording ready for import.
- Please note that this feature is currently in beta. See the known issues and limitations for further details.
- Open your SquadCast Account Settings from your Dashboard and enable Edit in Descript in the Integrations tab.
- Navigate to your Show and select the recordings you want to import into Descript.
- Click Edit In Descript in your Workflow at the bottom of your screen. This will open the next browser page.
- Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue. You will see the Import Page.
- Type in your project’s name, set the storage location on your Drive, select the transcription language and click Create project and import files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
- Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the import link
Now that your project has been created, if you try re-opening the import web page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your SquadCast recording will begin importing and you can monitor the progress from inside your project. Once done, you can start editing your episode in Descript.