When you make selections in the Script Editor, Canvas, the selections will also be displayed in the timeline.
If you do not have anything actively selected, you will see a scene in the Timeline based on your playhead’s current position.
Script editor selections
- Selecting a scene thumbnail or boundary will highlight the scene's duration in the timeline in blue.
- A selected audio layer will display in the layer lane of the timeline.
- Selecting a range of script will highlight the range on the wordbar and script track.
- A selected visual layer will be displayed in the layer lane.
- Selected script media will be highlighted in the wordbar and script track.
If you would like to select an individual clip in a media layer or your script track:
- For media layers, select the media layer in the Canvas or Script Editor; then, double click on the clip in your Timeline. You can also select the clip in your clips section of the properties panel.
- For clips in your script, simply click on the clip in the timeline’s script track.