- Drag and drop your media onto a scene thumbnail.
- Drag and drop your media onto the script in the Script editor.
- Drag and drop your media onto the Canvas.
- Drag and drop your media onto scene lane of the Timeline
- Select a stock media thumbnail from the Media library to add it to the active scene
- Select Add new layer from the Media Library to add a project file to the active scene
Adding layers over a range
There are two ways you can add a layer to a selected range:
- Using the selection toolbar — highlight a portion of your script in the Script editor, select add layer, and choose the type of layer your want to add.
- Using the range tool — select a portion of your script track in the Timeline and add media over that range.
Adding layers to a scene with no audio or video script
When adding a new layer to a scene that contains only a gap clip in the script track (i.e. no video or audio), and the duration of this new layer is longer than the scene itself, the scene will automatically extend to match the newly added layer.