For now, Overdub is only available in English.
- You can generate Overdub in Descript with any subscription, but the usage changes from plan to plan:
- Free and Creator plan users can generate custom Overdub with a vocabulary of 1001-words. This limitation does not apply to stock voices.
- Pro plan users have no restrictions on the vocabulary Overdub can generate.
- If you have multiple drives, create or move your project to the Pro drive to access the Pro-level Overdub vocabulary.
- You can generate up to 1,000 Overdubs per month. An 'Overdub' is considered to be:
- Any string of typed characters (250 characters or less) with a pause of 2 seconds or greater between typing (i.e. if you're typing a sentence, but break for a moment to gather your thoughts, scratch your face, or adjust your ascot).
- Any sentence (250 characters or less) that is separated by sentence-ending punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point).
- A string of 250 characters or less that is NOT separated by ending punctuation.
1,000 Overdubs is more than enough for most use cases. If you think your use case will require a higher limit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.