Descript gives you comprehensive exporting and publishing options tailored to different workflows:
- Export your content to your computer as a video, audio, GIF, text, or subtitle file.
- Export your Timeline, non-destructively, to continue editing in most major audio and video editing tools.
- Publish a standalone web page with a shareable link and embeddable web player.
- Publish directly to any of our integrated publishing and distribution platforms — including YouTube and many podcast hosting services.
How to export or publish from Descript
- Open the export window by selecting Publish in the top right corner of the editor.
- Choose the file type or platform you will be exporting to:
- The Export tab has various options for exporting to your computer.
- The Publish tab allows you to publish directly to various integrated platforms.
Note that if you are exporting a video file for a project that is stored on a Free drive, or exported by a basic member, the video will include a Descript watermark in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Adjust your export or publishing settings.
- Click the blue Export or Publish button at the bottom of the export and publish window.